Accounting for Bloggers, Creatives & Photographers
Mazuma Knows Blog Accounting & Taxes
There’s a lot at stake when you’re in business for yourself and blogging. Delegation is key to getting things done and getting them done right, so having a CPA take care of your accounting and taxes is an obvious move. Plus, it gives you time to focus on what makes your blog work – more posts & quality content. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- We can tell you if the IRS considers your blog a hobby or a business.
- We’ve got you covered when it comes to the ins and outs of estimated taxes, self-employment taxes, and hiring and paying employees.
- We want to make sure you’re maximizing your deductions – it’s not just coffee at blogger meet-ups, domain registration fees, and web hosting services.
- Let’s make sure you’re not accruing unnecessary expenses on your next blog giveaway or contest.
- We can tell you the fine print on tracking mileage and separating personal and business use for your computer, cell phone, and tablet – lets get every penny back that we can in your next tax return.
We’re real accountants. Not a software program. It’s so easy to use Mazuma that our most frequently asked question is “Is that all I have to do?”
5 Ways Mazuma Helps Bloggers, Creatives & Photographers
1. We’ll save you time – With today’s technology, almost anyone can write on a specific topic, take photos, or create a product, but that doesn’t mean everyone’s work is equal. You’re an expert in your field and people trust your work to save them time or provide them with a quality product. We’re experts when it comes to taxes, virtual bookkeeping and accounting and that means we can save you valuable time.
2. We’ll make sure you get all the deductions you’re entitled to. Coffee or drinks for blogger meet-ups, photo shoots, and shipping product to clients takes time and money. We want to make sure you get your full deductions. Lets talk about tracking mileage and expensing meals, travel, and other expenses.
3. You’ve got a consultant in your corner. If you’re wondering how giveaways, contests will effect your blog, or how giving away product or a photoshoot will effect your business, we can tell you. We’ll not only answer your questions but help you work out a strategy so you’re ready come tax time.
4. We provide you with a certified expert. Your head may start to spin when you hear terms like self-employment tax, employee wages, estimated taxes, and deductible expenses – we can give you a hand. We’ll answer any questions you may have and take care of it for you so you can get back to your work.
5. We’ll sort out business and personal use when it comes to finances and deductions. You’re tools of the trade probably include a computer, tablet, camera, cell phone and a home office or studio space – and that’s just getting started. You probably also know these are all deductions when it comes to filing annual taxes. But if you also use them for personal reasons – taking pictures of your kids at the park or zoo, researching volcanoes or the like for your child’s school assignment – you’ll need to make that known when you file. We can help separate personal and business use. You’ll still get your deduction, we’ll help decrease liability, and you won’t have to worry if you get audited.
How it Works
The easiest and cheapest way to manage your books
Upload your Information
You’ve got options! Simply upload your information or use one of our pre-paid postage envelopes, which you stuff with your receipts, invoices, and bank statements once a month. Put them in your outgoing mail and you are done! Nothing. Nada. No more. That’s it.
Complete Bookkeeping Service – 5 day turnaround!
Your Mazuma bookkeeper records your transactions and reconciles your business accounts. Each month we provide your company’s key financial reports: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and a detailed Account Ledger. View a Sample Financial Report
We include your Annual Business Taxes
Each year your Mazuma CPA prepares and files your business tax returns. Simply upload or mail your year-end tax statements and we do the rest.
Gail Wilson Owner of My Repurposed Life
I love sending out my purple envelopes full of my receipts, statements and doodles. The team does a great job compiling my report (even though I still don't understand it) Then at the end of the year, filing taxes is a breeze! I highly recommend Mazuma USA to anyone who is intimidated, or just plain sick of doing taxes!