Accounting for Retail Store & Shops
Mazuma Knows Retail Store Accounting & Taxes
There’s a lot at stake when you’re in business for yourself. Delegation is key to getting things done and getting them done right, so having a CPA take care of your accounting and taxes is an obvious move. Plus, it gives you time to focus on what makes your retail store work – providing great products and service to your customers. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- We can tell you if a simple write-off or a depreciation over a few years makes more sense for your retail shop equipment.
- We’ve got you covered when it comes to the ins and outs of estimated taxes, self-employment taxes, and hiring and paying employees.
- We want to make sure you’re maximizing your deductions – it’s not just cost of goods, and the rent you pay for your retail space.
- We can tell you the fine print on excise tax and wholesale taxes and if they apply to you.
We’re real accountants. Not a software program. It’s so easy to use Mazuma that our most frequently asked question is “Is that all I have to do?”
4 Ways Mazuma Helps Retailers & Retail Shops
1. We’ll save you time. With today’s technology and the internet, it’s possible that anyone can do almost anything themselves. But that doesn’t mean everyone’s work is equal. You’re an expert when it comes to your retail store and the type or items you sell and people trust you to save them time and provide them quality products. We’re experts when it comes to taxes, virtual bookkeeping and accounting and that means we can save you valuable time.
2. We’ll make sure you get all the deductions you’re entitled to. Don’t overpay on your federal taxes. Deductions aren’t just cost of goods sold, and property rental and maintenance expenses. We want to make sure you get your full deductions. Lets talk about employee pay and benefits, business equipment, and other expenses.
3. You’ve got a consultant in your corner. Did you know you can deduct the equipment you need to run your store in 2 ways? Most expenses can be written off in one sum the year you spend the money, or you can depreciate the items over several years to give you smaller, regular write-offs year after year. Because we’re tax experts, we can tell you which makes more sense for your retail shop.
4. We provide you with a certified expert. Just hearing the words self-employment tax, employee benefits, and excise taxes, is enough to make some people’s heads spin. Our certified experts love talking about them and can help sort it all out so you can get back to making sales.
How it Works
The easiest and cheapest way to manage your books
Upload your Information
You’ve got options! Simply upload your information or use one of our pre-paid postage envelopes, which you stuff with your receipts, invoices, and bank statements once a month. Put them in your outgoing mail and you are done! Nothing. Nada. No more. That’s it.
Complete Bookkeeping Service – 5 day turnaround!
Your Mazuma bookkeeper records your transactions and reconciles your business accounts. Each month we provide your company’s key financial reports: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and a detailed Account Ledger. View a Sample Financial Report
We include your Annual Business Taxes
Each year your Mazuma CPA prepares and files your business tax returns. Easily upload or mail your year-end tax statements and we do the rest.
Gail Wilson Owner of My Repurposed Life
I love sending out my purple envelopes full of my receipts, statements and doodles. The team does a great job compiling my report (even though I still don't understand it) Then at the end of the year, filing taxes is a breeze! I highly recommend Mazuma USA to anyone who is intimidated, or just plain sick of doing taxes!