When you’re running a successful business it’s easy to praise yourself for your hard work and dedication; and it’s easy to forget to say “thank you” to the people who have made you a success: your clients. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to show your clients how grateful you are for their loyalty. The best part is that expressing your gratitude doesn’t have to be expensive.
With these 12 quick, easy, and inexpensive ideas you can show gratitude for your clients this month:
- Write a personalized note. In an increasingly fast-paced and technology-driven world, handwritten notes are becoming a lost art. A personal note shows your client that you took the time to think about them specifically. Try this guide if you are having a hard time putting your feelings into words.
- Invite them to party with you. This idea may be more costly, but if you have it in your budget, host an event at your business. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant–order a sandwich tray and some punch and get the party started! Send out invitations asking your clients to stop by and enjoy lunch on you.
- Send them a treat. Everyone loves receiving a nice Cookie tin and they’re perfect for a small budget. Other popular treats are fudge, meat and cheese trays, fruit baskets, gourmet candy, and freshly baked bread. Have them delivered to your client’s office before they’re bombarded with goodies in December.
- Share your knowledge, free of charge. Your clients come to you because they trust you and want to learn from you so share your expertise. Whether it’s an email newsletter, helpful hint on social media or printable checklist, customers love useful information about the service or product they’re purchasing. The best part is that you can do this for free!
- Reward them with a coupon or gift. Get in the gift-giving spirit this year by offering a discount for your goods and services. Design the coupon with a gratitude theme for that extra holiday touch.
- Acknowledge special occasions. If you know about a client’s business anniversary or special occasion for them, send them card congratulating them or wishing them well.
- Share your favorite book. Is there a book that has changed your life? Share your favorite inspirational and thought-provoking book with your clients. Be sure to include a handwritten note or bookmark in the cover. You may even think about sending different books to different clients so that it is more personalized.
- Make them laugh. If you have a creative mind on staff, have them step up and create a funny and personalized client gift or message. One idea: Photoshop your client into a famous movie poster, rename it something clever and email the picture with your note of “Thanks for your business!”
- Start a loyalty program. Nothing makes people feel more valued than getting a special discount or extra perk by shopping with you. If you haven’t already, start a loyalty program that gets customers excited about continuing their business with you.
- Show them off to everyone you know. Tell everyone about an outstanding client in your newsletter or social media page. Offer free publicity by linking to their website and giving a quick shout out about how great they are.
- Discount their bill, for no reason. We’re heading into a financially stressful time of the year, surprise your clients with extra savings. Slash their monthly bill or offer a discount at the register, just because you appreciate their business.
- Most importantly, show them that you care through excellent customer service. Being kind goes a long way. Actively look for new ways to make your clients experience better. It will elicit positive reviews and bring them back for more. It’s the perfect win, win situation.