Year-end is a great time to do a lot of things. As accountants, wed recommend tying up loose ends in your business, working on closing your books, and gathering essential paperwork to make filing taxes a breeze. But the new year is also a great time to focus on things that went right in your business. It’s also a great time to look around and decide what things you might want to work on or learn more about.
We’ve gathered quite a bit of knowledge as we’ve worked with our clients. Some of the most frequently asked questions have stemmed from their desires to grow their business and go far beyond just the bookkeeping and financial aspects. We’ve learned right along with them in those areas (marketing, management, building community, etc), and given our best advice when it came to accounting matters and how to manage and track the dollars and cents.
After taking a look at our stats, we’ve pulled together the 10 most popular business & accounting posts for 2017. You’ll find they cover a lot of accounting but also a few great topics that seem to be on the minds of many small business owners. We hope you’ll find some key pieces of information that might help you as you plan your strategy for the new year ahead.
General Top 10 Posts
- FAQs – Is Office Furniture Tax Deductible?
- How Many Years Can I take a Loss on My Business?
- Mazuma’s Year-End Business Accounting Checklist
- FAQs – What Home Office Expenses are Tax Deductible?
- 10 Way to Make Your Employees Feel Valued When You Can’t Offer a Raise
- Lower Your Taxes by implementing These 3 Year-End Contribution Ideas
- Top Year-End Tips for Small Business
- 5 Most Commonly Overlooked Business Tax Deductions
- The Important Documents You’ll Want to Save to Prepare Your Taxes
- Top 20 Common Advertising Expenses for Small Business Owners