Accounting for Restaurants & Food Trucks
Mazuma Knows Restaurant Accounting, Payroll & Taxes
There’s a lot at stake when you’re in business for yourself. Delegation is key to getting things done and getting them done right, so having a CPA take care of your accounting, taxes and payroll is an obvious move. Plus, it gives you time to focus on what makes your restaurant or food truck work – great food, great service, and satisfied customers. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- We can help you handle paying employees, withholding for employee taxes and tips, and a record keeping system that works for your restaurant business.
- We want to make sure you’re maximizing your deductions – it’s not just the rent on your restaurant space or payment on your food truck.
- We can tell you the fine print for taxes if your restaurant includes a bar or you sell alcoholic beverages.
We’re real accountants. Not a software program. It’s so easy to use Mazuma that our most frequently asked question is “Is that all I have to do?”
5 Ways Mazuma Helps Restauranteurs & Food Trucks
1. We’ll save you time. With today’s technology and the internet, it’s possible that anyone can do almost anything themselves. But that doesn’t mean everyone’s work is equal. You’re an expert when it comes to good food and a great dining experience and people trust you to be the expert. We’re experts when it comes to virtual bookkeeping, taxes and accounting and that means we can save you valuable time.
2. We’ll make sure you get all the deductions you’re entitled to. The rental fee or cost of your restaurant space, kitchen and serving equipment, and marketing your restaurant are only a few potential write-offs. We want to make sure you get all the deductions you can.
3. You’ve got a consultant in your corner. You’re a restauranteur and you’re busy with tasting, managing, and putting guests at your tables. We can help when it comes to paying employees, how to handle the recording and withholding of tips, and more.
4. We provide you with a certified expert. Like we said before, just because you can find it on the internet, doesn’t mean that anyone can do it and do it well. If your head starts to spin when you hear terms like self-employment tax, employee wages, estimated taxes, and deductible expenses – we can give you a hand. We’ll answer any questions you may have and take care of it for you so you can get back to your restaurant or food truck.
5. We’ll help figure out the best way to run your restaurant business & get your deductions. There are 2 ways to get deductions – a single write-off the year you made the purchase, or depreciation over several years. Which way is best for your business? We can tell you. We’ll also help you get every deduction you can – licensing fees, kitchen and business permits, marketing materials and menus. Lets get back every penny you can when it comes to annual deductions.
How it Works
The easiest and cheapest way to manage your books
Stuff the Purple Envelope – File upload also available!
We provide pre-paid postage envelopes, which you fill with your receipts, invoices, and bank statements once a month. Put them in your outgoing mail and you are done! Nothing. Nada. No more. That’s it.
Complete Bookkeeping Service – 5 day turnaround!
Your Mazuma bookkeeper records your transactions and reconciles your business accounts. Each month we provide your company’s key financial reports: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and a detailed Account Ledger. View a Sample Financial Report
We include your annual business taxes
Each year your Mazuma CPA prepares and files your business tax returns. Simply place your year-end tax statements in our famous Purple Mazuma Envelope and we do the rest.
Gail Wilson Owner of My Repurposed Life
I love sending out my purple envelopes full of my receipts, statements and doodles. The team does a great job compiling my report (even though I still don't understand it) Then at the end of the year, filing taxes is a breeze! I highly recommend Mazuma USA to anyone who is intimidated, or just plain sick of doing taxes!