Accounting for Insurance Agents & Brokers
Mazuma Knows Insurance Accounting, Payroll & Taxes
Insurance is all about mitigating risk, so having a CPA take care of your accounting, taxes and payroll is an obvious move. Plus, it gives you time to focus on what makes your agency work – helping more clients. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- We’ve got you covered when it comes to the ins and outs of estimated taxes, self-employment taxes, sales commissions, and hiring and paying employees.
- We want to make sure you’re maximizing your deductions – it’s not just your office furniture, stamps, drinks or a meal with potential clients. We help you catch every deduction specific to your industry, like insurance agent licensing and certification fees.
- We can tell you the fine print on tracking mileage and separating personal and business use for items like your car and cell phone, plus which marketing efforts and office renovation costs are expenses. Let’s get every penny back that we can in your next tax return.
We’re real accountants. Not a software program. It’s so easy to use Mazuma that our most frequently asked question is “Is that all I have to do?”
5 Ways Mazuma Helps Insurance Agents & Brokers
1. We’ll save you time. With today’s technology and the internet, it’s possible that anyone can do almost anything themselves. But that doesn’t mean everyone’s work is equal. You’re an expert when it comes to insurance and people trust you to save them time and provide them with a policy that covers all their needs. We’re experts when it comes to taxes, virtual bookkeeping and accounting and that means we can save you valuable time.
2. We’ll make sure you get all the deductions you’re entitled to. Office supplies, coffee or drinks with potential clients, and traveling to and from appointments takes time and money. We want to make sure you get your full deductions. Let’s talk about tracking mileage and expensing meals, and other expenses.
3. You’ve got a consultant in your corner. Your business is booming. You’re taking on an additional insurance agent and you’re paying multiple employees. Did you know that salary and commissions paid to agents who work for you count as a tax deductible business expense? We can also help you with tax withholding and payroll.
4. We provide you with a certified expert. Like we said before, just because you can find it on the internet, doesn’t mean that anyone can do it and do it well. If your head starts to spin when you hear terms like self-employment tax, employee wages, estimated taxes, and deductible expenses – we can give you a hand. We’ll answer any questions you may have and take care of it for you so you can focus on your clients.
5. We’ll sort out business and personal use when it comes to finances and deductions. You probably use your own car to meet up with potential clients and take calls on your cell phone for work. These items, along with your computer, printer, fax machine, and landline phone are all business expenses when it comes to filing annual taxes. For items like your cell and car, we’ll help establish personal and business use for your annual deductions. And we’ll make sure you’re getting every penny back you can on the rest of your business expenses.
How it Works
The easiest and cheapest way to manage your books
Upload your Information
You’ve got options! Simply upload your information or use one of our pre-paid postage envelopes, which you stuff with your receipts, invoices, and bank statements once a month. Put them in your outgoing mail and you are done! Nothing. Nada. No more. That’s it.
Complete Bookkeeping Service – 5 day turnaround!
Your Mazuma bookkeeper records your transactions and reconciles your business accounts. Each month we provide your company’s key financial reports: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and a detailed Account Ledger. View a Sample Financial Report
We include your Annual Business Taxes
Each year your Mazuma CPA prepares and files your business tax returns. Easily upload or mail your year-end tax statements and we do the rest.
Gail Wilson Owner of My Repurposed Life
I love sending out my purple envelopes full of my receipts, statements and doodles. The team does a great job compiling my report (even though I still don't understand it) Then at the end of the year, filing taxes is a breeze! I highly recommend Mazuma USA to anyone who is intimidated, or just plain sick of doing taxes!