Accounting for Attorneys & Law Firms
Mazuma Knows Attorneys & Law Practice Accounting, Payroll & Taxes
There’s a lot at stake when you’re in business for yourself. Delegation is key to getting things done and getting them done right, so having a CPA take care of your accounting, taxes and payroll is an obvious move. Plus, it gives you time to focus on what makes your law practice work – providing great service and expertise to your clients. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- We’ve got you covered when it comes to the ins and outs of estimated taxes, self-employment taxes, and hiring and paying employees.
- We want to make sure you’re maximizing your deductions – it’s not just coffee or drinks with potential clients, marketing fees, and professional licensing fees.
- Any pro bono work you do can count in your favor when it comes time to file annual taxes. Let’s talk about how to keep accurate records of this work so we simplify the tax process.
- We can tell you the fine print on tracking mileage and separating personal and business use for your computer, cell phone, and tablet – let’s get every penny back that we can in your next tax return.
We’re real accountants. Not a software program. It’s so easy to use Mazuma that our most frequently asked question is “Is that all I have to do?”
4 Ways Mazuma Helps Attorneys & Law Practices
1. We’ll save you time. With today’s technology and the internet, it’s possible that anyone can do almost anything themselves. But that doesn’t mean everyone’s work is equal. You’re an expert when it comes to the law and people trust you to save them with sound legal advice. We’re experts when it comes to taxes, virtual bookkeeping and accounting and that means we can save you valuable time.
2. We’ll make sure you get all the deductions you’re entitled to. Office supplies, coffee or drinks with potential clients, and traveling to and from the courtroom takes time and money. We want to make sure you get your full deductions. Let’s talk about tracking mileage and expensing meals, and other expenses.
3. You’ve got a consultant in your corner. Your business is booming. You’re taking on a partner and you’re paying multiple employees. We can help you with tax withholding and payroll and talk financial strategy so you’re smart when it comes to growing your law practice.
4. We provide you with a certified expert. Like we said before, just because you can find it on the internet, doesn’t mean that anyone can do it and do it well. If your head starts to spin when you hear terms like self-employment tax, employee wages, estimated taxes, and deductible expenses – we can give you a hand. We’ll answer any questions you may have and take care of it for you so you can focus on your clients.
How it Works
The easiest and cheapest way to manage your books
Stuff the Purple Envelope – File upload also available!
We provide pre-paid postage envelopes, which you fill with your receipts, invoices, and bank statements once a month. Put them in your outgoing mail and you are done! Nothing. Nada. No more. That’s it.
Complete Bookkeeping Service – 5 day turnaround!
Your Mazuma bookkeeper records your transactions and reconciles your business accounts. Each month we provide your company’s key financial reports: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and a detailed Account Ledger. View a Sample Financial Report
We include your annual business taxes
Each year your Mazuma CPA prepares and files your business tax returns. Simply place your year-end tax statements in our famous Purple Mazuma Envelope and we do the rest.
Gail Wilson Owner of My Repurposed Life
I love sending out my purple envelopes full of my receipts, statements and doodles. The team does a great job compiling my report (even though I still don't understand it) Then at the end of the year, filing taxes is a breeze! I highly recommend Mazuma USA to anyone who is intimidated, or just plain sick of doing taxes!